Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thank You

When I first heard about this project, I thought it was a really great idea.  I love all of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books, and secretly dream of doing something like that with my friends.  So this was a perfect chance for me!  I had the scarf over the weekend, so I didn't get to display it on campus as much as I would have liked to.  But I did get to enjoy wearing it to the grocery store and out to my friend's birthday party.  It felt nice to have something so fabulous to wear when I don't usually get dressed up very much.  The scarf definitely attracted attention!  But what I like most about this project is having a connection to so many other women on campus.  When I received the scarf from the person before me, we connected over our similar goals and living through the changes on campus, and I met someone else who was a transfer student like me!  When I passed the scarf on, I met a person who works at the university and whose daughter goes to UD, a situation to which I can relate since my dad and my brother both work here too.  It's nice to think about having connections to so many people, but still having so much to share with each other.  Not to mention the legacy that all of these scarves have from being shared by so many great people.  This project was a really neat experience and I really enjoyed it!
 
-Megan Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment