Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I hate to admit it but when my turn came around to get the scarf, all I could think was "why did I add one more thing to my busy week". I find that my values of appreciating the beauty and blessings in my life and connecting with others (particularly women) can drown in the sheer number of tasks I need to get done. I am guessing some of you can relate! I would love to say that once I got the scarf I was able to have a total perspective change for those days; that didn't really happen. However, I was able to slow down for some moments within each of those days, apreciate the gorgeous color and texture of the scarf, make some new connections and take some time to enjoy the connections I already have. So here's to small steps in the direction of living in a way that is consistent with what I believe is important. Let me close with a quote from a plaque that I have in my home; "Here's to good women, may we know them, may we raise them, may we be them. Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment