Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just a Little Bit of Luck...

Although I ended up creating a little more difficulty than originally planned, I was able to receive the beautiful scarf and spend a little bit of time getting to know an amazing faculty member whom I probably never would have met had it not been for this experience. We shared a little bit about ourselves, and realized we were more connected than I would have expected based solely on my major. Unfortunately there was a time rush that cut our meeting short, but it was great getting to know another woman who I can look up to as a great role model.

During my day wearing the scarf, I felt invincible. It seemed to have brought so much luck to my day, helping me secure a job for next year, create a perfect schedule for next semester, as well as feel completely prepared for a midterm. It may have all been in my head, (or maybe I have read "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" one too many times...) but I felt like the day, the weather, and my mood could not have gotten any better! It was a great feeling to have such a great experience, and I hope everyone else who gets to experience the scarf feels the same way!

Unfortunately, the woman I was to pass the scarf to was sick the day of our meeting so I had to leave the scarf on her desk, but I'm looking forward to a possible make up lunch with her to carry on the spirit and companionship of this activity.

May everyone feel the blessings and love that travel not only through the scarf, but also through this bond of sisterhood and the community of UD as a whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment