Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Scarf Experience

I have become acutely aware in the last 20 months how very important it is to have strong female relationships in your life. By participating in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf, I hope to promote how important it is to seek out, grow and nurture these types of relationships throughout your entire existence on this earth. I received the scarf from a student and passed it on to a faculty member. It was great to meet and relate to two women who are in very different phases in their lives. My actual day with the scarf was not unlike most. It was busy and full of things I needed to get done. My daughter, who stopped by to visit me on the day I wore the scarf, was the only person who commented on it. I explained to her what I was doing and she thought it was cool. Mothers do not get "cool" points very often so I was thrilled. Wearing the scarf around my neck made me think about the women in my life and how each of them play a unique role in helping me to be who I am. And, I am exited to see how the women I met through this experience will shape and change my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment