Thursday, March 31, 2011

In the midst of Little Sibs Weekend

I received the scarf from Brenda on Friday, March 25 around 5pm. I was rushing around all day, going from class to class with meetings in between. I wish I could have spent more time with Brenda but I had already planned to meet with my parents as soon as my last class was over. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting such a beauiful scarf. When I saw it, I was instantly drawn to its gold stitching and intricate design. I was surprised! It looked like a scarf I would definitely buy if I had passed it in a store. Since none of my siblings came in town, I got to spend time with my parents who I've been missing so much lately. My mom's reaction to the scarf was "Oo! Pretty scarf! Where did you get it?" I briefly explained the Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf and she thought it was a great idea. Since it was chilly this past weekend, the scarf came in handy! I wore the scarf out to the ghetto, to class, and to Holy Angels Church with my parents on Sunday. I received several compliments :). Needless to say, this was a good experience and I'm glad I participated.

No comments:

Post a Comment