Friday, February 18, 2011

A new sense of connection


The scarf is a symbol for me of how are lives are meant to connect and be in communion with one another. From my first interaction with Soleil to the passing of the scarf to Brittany, the scarf has connected me to others in a practical intentional way. Amidst our busy lives, we took intentional time to learn more from one another what it means to be a woman and how we share this experience. Soleil and I have connections we didn't know we had. Brittany and I shared our love for our mothers. We shared. We connected.

My daughter was the first person to comment on the scarf. She called me a fancy lady and I interpreted that to mean I am accessory-challenged (which I am)! I loved that she noticed because I was able to share the experience with her, a bond between us.

The scarf brought me closer to two women and a sisterhood my spirit craves. Thank you, Daria, for your passion and energy in creating this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment