Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Scarf blog

February 21 to February 23, 2012

The excitement of wearing the scarf started the week before, when a co-worker was wearing it. The beauty of it and the total meaning of wearing it was and still is very important to me to show my support for the mission of equality.
February 21:
I was very fortunate to meet and have lunch with Yaimarie (Yo Yo) to exchange the scarf. She is from Puerto Rico and she is so interesting to talk to. I wore the scarf the rest of the day and because I work at the front desk of the library I was ask many times about the scarf and the meaning of the scarf. It was a big learning experience for me and it made me think more of our community  at UD and in my community that I live in. 
February 22:
Unfortunately I was not feeling well on this day and did not have the opportunity to wear it.
February 23:
This was the day that I had to give it up and pass it to the next lucky member of the UD family. The next person on the list was Ginger from Kettering Labs. It was a short visit so I look forward into seeing her on campus wearing the scarf. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment