Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Scarf Wearer Jennica

I decided to join the sisterhood this year to meet people on campus. I have worked at UD for six months and have been looking to start making connections. When I met with Maureen to get the scarf, we sat and chatted for a bit, talking a bit about ourselves and things to do in the area. It was great to get to know her a bit. Since taking the scarf, I have been reflecting on how something so simple (though pretty and sparkly, too!) could aid in forging a connection with others. I realized that I often do not take time to connect with colleagues or friends in meaningful and enriching ways. It made me wonder how many others share my experience. It seems easy to get lost in daily routines if you’re not paying attention to it happening. Wearing the scarf gave me a new appreciation for feeling connected and doing something different. I hope to continue paying more attention to who’s around me, so I miss fewer chances to feel a part of something.

--
Jennica Karpinski, Psy.D.
Psychology Resident, Staff Therapist
University of Dayton Counseling Center

No comments:

Post a Comment